Program protected with REMOTE protection requires different activation code for each computer.
Appropriate program settings for REMOTE protection are:
1. Activation radio button should be turned ON.
2. PC Guard version should be set to appropriate version (6 / 5)
3. Program ID value should be set per project settings.
Required PC Guard project settings:
1. License removal feature should be enabled.
Removal code is required for moving license from one computer to another in ACEN.
2. License transfer feature should be disabled.
If license transfer is enabled end user will be able to transfer licenses unlimited number of times without even contacting you or using ACEN! This would also make license reactivation feature in ACEN useless in case license is lost on new computer as there is no track of such license in ACEN.
3. If limited license feature is enabled both standard license validity period (mandatory) and fixed date limitations should be enabled in remote protection settings.
Limited license feature
In case of REMOTE protection + LIMITED LICENSE feature issued license is valid for a limited period of time only.
1. Default license validity period (in days)
2. Fixed date limitation (start date - end date)
3. Day of the month limitation
- By default, limited number of runs can not be controlled in ACEN. This would require live Internet connection each time protected application is run and this is by default not required.
- In case fixed date limitation is enabled both start and end date is mandatory.
By default, there is no direct link between protected application and ACEN as live connection is not required for activation in standard licensing.
Because of this, license tracking is done in both ACEN and protected application.
For example, activation code can be generated in ACEN today but application can be activated with generated activation code tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
End user should be aware of this. License tracking in ACEN will start as soon as activation code is generated regardless of the actual activation of protected application on remote computer.
If license extension is enabled in project settings end user will not be able to gain extra time by trying to generate license extension activation code in ACEN (with new site/mid codes) and using license extension feature. Such activation code will still hold proper license validity period and fixed date expiration values.
Management of limited licenses
1. Adding new limited license
Both administrators and clients can add new limited licenses.
License validity period for new limited licenses is based on limited license settings in program data.
In case fixed date limitation is disabled license validity period will be set to default license validity period (as set in program settings).
If it's enabled, new limited license can be added only if: start date <= current date < end date. ACEN will also take into account fixed expiration (end) date and if required, decrease default license validity period.
2. Limited license removal
Only administrators can remove limited licenses in ACEN.
Clients can not remove limited licenses with valid removal code for security reasons: they would be able to add new license later with default license expiration period and thus extend license.
Client can only update license (reactivate on original computer, or transfer license to new one with valid removal code). In both cases new activation code will hold appropriate limited license validity period.
3. Limited license reactivation/transfer
Limited license can be reactivated on original computer in the same way as standard license in case it's still valid.
If expired, limited license can not be reactivated nor transferred to another computer.
Valid removal code is required for license transfer to another computer.
License can be reactivated on original computer without valid removal code after machine locking checks are done.
4. Extending limited license
Only administrator can extend limited licenses (generate license extension activation codes for limited licenses) in activation panel.