In standard licensing model each license is identified by Customer ID, Order ID and Program ID and requires valid Client account and Order entry in activation center.
Supported protection scenarios
The following protection scenarios are supported with standard licensing:
1. REMOTE protection
2. REMOTE protection + SERIAL NUMBERS
3. REMOTE protection + LIMITED LICENSE feature
4. REMOTE protection + LIMITED LICENSE feature + SERIAL NUMBERS
Licensing process, step by step
The following steps are involved in standard licensing process:
Client -> Orders -> Licenses
STEP 1. Program is added to database (this is done only once)
STEP 2. Client is added to database (each new client requires new account in database)
STEP 3. Order for appropriate program is added to client's account.
STEP 4. License(s) can now be added to appropriate Order(s).
Handling of standard licenses
Standard licenses can be handled in three different ways:
1. By administrator users (from acen administrators interface)
2. By clients (from acen clients interface)
3. By clients and administrators by using acen web service interface.