Tech support and Updates Service Level Agreement (SLA) describes the minimum guaranteed service levels provided to SOFPRO customers.
1. General regulations
1.1 SOFPRO provides support services to the company's partners and users of SOFPRO products.
The SOFPRO technical support service helps to settle problems outlined in this document according to the established Service Level Agreement.
1.3 The technical support cannot resolve problems that concern the maintenance of a third party companies and their products.
1.4 Technical support requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. SOFPRO reserves right to assign different priority level for each support request.
1.5 The problem resolving period depends on problem complexity and the potential need to handle the request over to the development department.
1.5.1 Problems that cannot be resolved in the context of the current software version are sent to the SOFPRO development department, which means that the fix will be included in the subsequent update. The planned term of the software update release is defined during the problem diagnostics respecting the general software development plan. The technical support service cannot guarantee the fixed problem solving period.
1.6 Maximum response time for users with valid Subscription is 24 hours on business days.
1.7 SOFPRO reserves the right to modify, add or remove any terms or conditions of this SLA without notice or liability. Any changes to this SLA shall be effective immediately following the posting of such changes on SOFPRO website.
2. Technical support procedure
2.1 Tech support request can be created in any of the following ways:
- by using the Contact us form at the site.
- by sending an e-mail to support department (support @ sofpro.com)
2.2 Assistance will normally be available from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM GMT+1, Monday through Friday. Phone coverage may not be available at all times. Requests can be submitted online or by e-mail 24/7.
2.3 Tech support request should include:
- Correct registered user information (customer id)
- Product name and full version number.
- Detailed problem description and if possible, step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem.
- When sending a support request by e-mail, you can include screenshots and other images that can help us to identify and resolve the problem.
Tech support staff could ask for additional information like protection report or project settings.
2.4 The following reasons can delay or abort consultancy:
- A problem cannot be reproduced using similar hardware configuration.
- A user cannot give enough information required to resolve the problem.
- The problem requires custom improvements or unplanned update.
- A user carries out actions that break end user license agreement (EULA) or technical requirements for installation and use of SOFPRO products; exceeds the allowed number of software installations, etc.
- Usage of unlicensed copies of SOFPRO products.
- The question is beyond the support service scope.
2.5 The following issues are beyond the technical support scope:
- We do not consult on general principles of programming.
- We do not implement custom, user defined logics and algorithms.
- We do not diagnose user or other third party software components.
- We do not develop custom components.
- We do not make customized versions of software components.
- We never modify the existing code to adopt them for specific business tasks, unless such modifications are in some way connected with essential bug fixes or we find them useful for most users.
3. Technical support and software updates subscription
3.1 Technical support and updates subscription ("Subscription") includes:
3.1.1 In case of total computer loss as a result of theft, fire or any other similar incident free license replacement will be issued only if valid Subscription is available and if appropriate document which describes this incident is provided.
3.2 Subscription period begins after purchase order is processed and includes the current shipping version of purchased product.
3.3 Each user is entitled to initial Subscription for a limited period of time from the date of purchase.
The length of initial period of Subscription is defined in ordering terms and conditions.
3.4 Subscription renewal is not mandatory nor automatic. When Subscription expires, End User can further extend Subscription or let Subscription lapse and stop using Software.
3.4.2 Subscription can be extended 60 or less days before Subscription expiration or after Subscription expires.
3.5 Users are notified about new product updates via SOFPRO newsletter.
3.5.1 By default, each user will be offered to subscribe to SOFPRO newsletter and Subscription notifications.
3.5.2 User can change subscription preferences at any time in SOFPRO online activation center.
3.6 Unique copy of SOFPRO product is compiled for each End User.
3.6.1 The latest build (version) is always the most stable and compatible version.
3.6.2 Only the latest build is used for compilation of unique copies.
3.6.3 End Users should always make a backup copy of SOFPRO product as SOFPRO will not be able to provide old versions of the product on request.
3.6.4 SOFPRO is not keeping backup copies of product builds delivered to End Users.
3.6.5 New builds are not always fully compatible with previous releases. This is why all changes are listed in appropriate document which should be closely reviewed before installing and using latest build.
3.6.6 End Users with valid Subscription can request latest build 24x7 in SOFPRO online activation center.