Activation center requires Windows based web server (IIS) with installed ASP .NET 4.0 (or later version) and MS SQL server (see requirements).
Before actually deploying ACEN you need to create web site for it in IIS.
You can dedicate web site solely for ACEN (for example: http://www.youractivationsite.com) or you can create new subdomain on existing site for ACEN (for example: http://acen.yoursite.com). You should be able to do this from hosting control panel. If you are unsure how to accomplish this step please consult your hosting provider.
Install the .NET framework on you system.
Open visual studio command prompt and type this command
alternatively you can copy and paste this command into windows command prompt
For 32bit (x86) Windows:
For 64bit (x64) Windows:
- Be sure to register ASP .NET 4.0 with your site and add default.aspx to the list of default documents.
- ACEN subdomain name is not mandatory. You can use any subdomain name.
- Creating subdomain for activation center is also not mandatory.
- If you are manually generating virtual directory in IIS be sure to configure it as application:
- Open the IIS Administration Console on the server where the application is published.
- Right click on the Virtual Directory where the application files are published.
- Select Properties, then a "Main Properties" dialog pops up.
- There is a "Application Settings" section. Just hit "Create" in front of the "Application Name" textbox, then hit "Ok".
- Check that the Virtual Directory appears with a different icon, it should be ok now.