This is just a simple, introductory example intended for first time users of PC Guard's DEMO version.
There are so many different protection strategies you can easily implement with PC Guard software protection system. This is just a matter of setting appropriate options in project settings and pressing a Protect! button!
We'll be using default, remote protection method in this example.
- Launch PC Guard.
- Set Application filename (full path to application to be protected, in above example "c:\test\test.exe) by using browse ('...') button.
- Set output filename (full path to resulting, protected application, in above example "c:\test\test-protected.exe)
- Press Protect! button.
- Follow on-screen instructions until protection process is over.
Congratulations! You have just protected your application with Remote protection.
- Copy interface dll to output directory. You can do this manually or just click on 'I' button (located above output application field).
- Minimize PC Guard's window.
- Run protected program from Windows Explorer or by clicking on '>' button right above output application field.
- Activation dialog box with Site code will show up:
- Mark Site code (in above case 3F594502) and copy it (press ctrl-c).
- Switch to PC Guard and press "Activation" button to open Activation panel.
- Paste (press ctrl-v) Site code into appropriate field.
- Click on 'Generate' button to calculate valid activation code.
- Mark and copy calculated activation code.
- Switch back to activation dialog box.
- Paste activation code into appropriate field.
- Press "Continue >>" button to activate protected application.
- Protected application will start!
- Application is now activated and locked to this computer. If copied to another compute it will request new, different activation code for that computer.
- Program protected with demo version can be executed 20 times only. It will also display a warning message and quit on random occasions. Once it is run for 20 times "No more executions left!" message will pop up.
- Change Application signature and protect your program again in order to get additional 20 runs.