Easily create demo version of your application by enabling demo mode feature.
Execution limitation (number of runs: 1-999)
Protected program can be run for a limited number of times only.
Date limitation (number of days from first run: 1-999)
Protected program can be used only for a selected (limited) number of days from first run.
Fixed date limitation (demo validity period)
Protected program can be used only during limited period of time from start (Valid from) to expiration (until) date.
Timer limitation (program runtime in minutes)
Protected program will be terminated after running in memory for a specified amount of time.
There are two ways for setting timer limitation.
- Standard (timer is valid per each run)
Protected application can be run for a limited period of time on each run. Error message is displayed after this period expires and application is closed.
Demo period will not expire. User can restart application and use it for another xxx minutes.
Timer period can be set to any value between 1 - 999 minutes.
- Cumulative (timer is valid per machine)
Protection code will track application usage per machine. As soon as cumulated time is higher or same as timer value application will display error message and expire.
Timer period can be set to any value between 1 - 99999 minutes.
Be sure to select 'Cumulative' checkbox in order to enable cumulative timer.
Display execution limitation counter
Protected program will display execution limitation counter (number of runs left) on activation dialog box. (Default: OFF)
Threshold: start displaying activation dialog xxx runs before expiration (0 means display always). For example, if set to 20, protected application will display activation dialog with limitation counters on last 20 runs before demo expiration.
Display date limitation counter
Protected program will display date limitation counter (number of days left) on activation dialog box. (Default: OFF)
Threshold: start displaying activation dialog xxx days before expiration (0 means display always). For example, if set to 15, protected application will display activation dialog with limitation counters on each run during last 15 days before demo expiration.
- If appropriate displaying threshold is set, protected application will start displaying activation dialog with demo counters on each run xxx days/runs before demo expires regardless of special key pop-up feature status.
- In case "Special key pop-up enabled" option is set, activation dialog can be invoked even before threshold is reached by using appropriate special key.
The following table shows behavior of protected application with different combinations of these options:
Always display activation dialog box
Activation dialog box will be displayed on each startup during evaluation. This option is valid for combination of demo mode and remote protection method only. (Default: OFF)
Reset demo mode for this update
Demo mode on remote computer will be reinitialized with new demo mode limitations. (Default: OFF)
Be sure to increase Update ID for each update with this option set. Only in case update has higher Update ID than detected (previous) update this feature will be triggered.
End user can not extend demo mode again by running old updates with this option enabled (due to Update ID checks).
- Application is protected with remote protection method.
- Application is running in demo mode or demo mode has expired and it is asking for activation code.
- New update for protected application is released and is protected with same settings as original update but with higher Update ID.
- We need to let potential customer evaluate new update regardless of demo mode status of previous version on remote computer.
- If this option is enabled, new update will reinitialize demo limitations on remote computer in case previous version is running as demo or it has already expired and is asking for activation code.
REMOTE protection notes
- This option will be ignored if previous version of protected application was already activated on remote computer .
- Same effect can be accomplished with demo mode extension activation code. However, in this case demo mode would be extended with limitations from version running on remote computer.
PLAIN protection notes
- This option will be ignored if previous version of protected application was protected with serial numbers feature enabled and with:
(a) Serial number is required for demo mode option is OFF and valid serial number was not set.
(b) Serial number is required for demo mode option is ON and valid serial number was already set.
Serial number is required for demo mode
If selected, valid serial number will be required for demo mode. This option is valid for REMOTE, PLAIN and USB protection only.
Please see Using serial numbers with plain protection for more information.
- Demo mode can be combined with any protection method.
- Available demo limitations can also be combined per your requirements.
- End user can not gain additional evaluation time by deleting or un-installing and re-installing protected application.